Indulge in the refreshing flavors of summer with a tantalizing appetizer: Sea Bream Tartare with Mango & Cilantro by Heloise Brion. This vibrant dish combines the delicate essence of sea bream with the tropical sweetness of ripe mango and the lovely aroma of cilantro. Each bite is a burst of summer on your palate, as the sea bream mingles with the juicy mango and zesty freshness of cilantro and lime, creating a harmonious balance of textures and tastes.
This appetizer is perfect for warm evenings and gatherings and is a deliciously enjoyable way to kick off a memorable summer feast. Be sure to bookmark this recipe for your next al fresco dining with friends!
- 1 lb (500g) skinless, boneless sea bream fillets
- 1 mango
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 10 outer leaves of Little Gem lettuce (washed and dried)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Finely dice the sea bream. Peel and dice the mango flesh, finely chop the cilantro, and mince the red onion
- In a bowl, combine the sea bream, mango, cilantro, red onion, lime juice, olive oil, and coriander seeds. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the tartare among the Little Gem lettuce leaves and serve well chilled.
If you love cooking, then you are sure to love our August Box that is curated around the theme, Bon Appétit! This Box will be filled with luxurious items to use in and around the kitchen.
To reserve yours, or gift one to a friend, click HERE