Asparagus season is finally in full swing! The delightful pairing of green asparagus with fresh goat cheese results in a delectable flavor combination. If you are planning a dinner party, here is a mouthwatering recipe by Géraldine that you should definitely try!
For the dough
- 130 g wheat flour
- 100 g of wholemeal flour
- 1 egg
- 60 ml olive oil
- 50 ml of water
For the quiche
- 2 bunches of green asparagus
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml creme fraiche (1 cup)
- 200 g of fresh goat cheese
- 8 springs of parsley
- 8 stalks of chives
- 8 sprigs of dill
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat over to 350°F
- For the dough, mix both flours together with the eggs, olive oil, water, and salt.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes then form into a ball and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Wash and remove the ends from the asparagus. Cut half of the asparagus into 2-inch sections and leave the other half whole for decoration.
- Cook all asparagus for 5 minutes in boiling water.
- Wash, dry, and chop all the fresh herbs.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, goat cheese, milk herbs, chili flakes, salt & pepper, and mix.
- Roll out the quiche dough with a rolling pin and form a circle. Place the dough in a quiche mold.
- Add the cut asparagus and pour in the egg mixture.
- To decorate, place the whole asparagus on top, along with a few branches of dill or parsley.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil on top and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with a simple salad and enjoy!
Get ready to embrace the beauty of Spring with our May Box, curated around the theme of Vive le Printemps (Welcome to Spring)! Overflowing with our favorite French items, this box is sure to bring joy and excitement to your warmer weather activities. Don’t miss out on the chance to experience the essence of French culture right at your doorstep. Reserve yours today by clicking HERE!